Everyone will enjoy this recipe, even your guests who don't have to or want to, avoid gluten.
Park Lane Pantry Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie
- 1⁄2 cup Park Lane Pantry Granola
- 150 grams of gluten-free flour
- 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 7 Tbsp very cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp ice cold water
- 2 cups mashed, cooked pumpkin
- 1 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp ground ginger
- 1⁄2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Add flour, honey and salt to a food processor. Pulse a couple of times to blend.
- Then add cold butter and pulse until most of the butter is the size of peas.
- Take food processor off of base and stir in water by hand.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and form into a tight circle.
- Flatten the circle, wrap in saran wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Line your counter with saran wrap, dust it with flour, and then put the chilled dough on top.
- Sprinkle top of dough with a little more flour, top with a large piece of saran wrap, and roll out into a large circle to fit your pie pan.
- Remove from saran wrap and gently transfer to pie pan.
- In a large bowl, beat pumpkin with evaporated milk, eggs, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt with an electric mixer.
- Pour pumpkin mixture onto pie crust.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from the edge comes out clean.
- Sprinkle Park Lane Pantry granola along the edges of the pie crust.
- Top center of pie with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.