520 grams Gluten-Free Pastry Flour Mix, recipe follows
½ tsp psyllium husk
1 Tbsp instant yeast
¾ cup whole milk
1/3 cup cane sugar
2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 large eggs at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 Tbsp unsalted butter, cut into 1/2” cubes, at room temperature, plus more for greasing the bowl
Pure olive oil for frying
¼ cup whole milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups confectioner’s sugar
1 cup Park Lane Pantry granola
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
3 cups confectioners sugar
2-3 Tbsp heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
Gluten-free Pastry Flour Mix:
400 grams white rice flour
300 grams tapioca flour
150 grams cornstartch
100 grams millet
50 grams milk powder
1. Add all Gluten-Free Pastry Flour Mix ingredients to a large container and shake until the color becomes uniform.
2. Add 520 grams of the Gluten-Free Pastry Flour Mix, psyllium and yeast into the bowl of a stand mixer. Whisk them together on low speed.
3. Add milk to a small pot and heat over low heat until just warm. Turn off heat.
4. With the stand mixer running at low speed, add the sugar, salt and warm milk to the flour mixture.
5. With the mixer still running at low speed, add 1 egg at a time until the eggs are fully incorporated into the batter. Add the vanilla extract. Scrape the sides of the bowl and run the mixer for 5 minutes until the batter is airy and light.
6. Scrape the sides of the bowl again and, with mixer running at low speed, add the butter, one cube at a time, until fully incorporated into the batter.
7. Turn the dough onto a lightly-floured surface.
8. Wet your hands, pat the dough and shape it into a large ball. Put the ball of dough in a greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let it sit in a warm place in the kitchen for 1 hour.
9. Turn the dough out onto a lightly-floured piece of parchment paper and roll it out to 1 inch thickness. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
10. Using a 3-inch donut cutter, cut out 8 rounds from the dough and cut holes in the middle of each.
11. Set a dutch oven over medium-high heat and pour in enough olive oil to fill the pot 1/3 of the way. Heat the oil to 350 F.
12. Using a slotted spoon, gently lower donuts one by one into the hot oil.
13. Fry the donuts for 30 seconds on one side, then 45 seconds on the other side, then another 30-45 seconds on the first side again until the donuts are a deep golden brown.
14. Remove the donuts to a baking rack set over a baking sheet.
15. Add the milk and vanilla extract for the glaze to a bowl and whisk together. Continue whisking as you add the confectioners’ sugar and blend until all lumps have been smoothed
16. Dunk the warm donuts into the sugar glaze and return them to the cooling rack.
17. Make the frosting in the bowl of the stand mixer. Beat the butter on medium speed until smooth.
18. Add the powdered sugar and mix on low speed, gradually increasing the speed for another 1-2 minutes
19. Add the heavy cream, vanilla extract, salt, and option food coloring and continue mixing until everything is well combined
20. Top donuts with icing and a sprinkle of Park Lane Pantry granola
21. Decorate with edible flowers!